How Our Direct Patient Care Practice Works
- We do NOT take any form of health insurance except Medicare.
- We do encourage you to have insurance or one of the Christian sharing plans for the ER, specialist visits, imaging, medications, and hospitalizations that can’t be avoided.
- We are an excellent alternative if you simply cannot afford full coverage insurance, if your deductible is high or if you like the idea of personal, timely care.
- We charge a one-time registration fee and a low monthly fee that covers most of the care you need.
- The additional charges for items like suture sets, labs, plain X-rays, IV fluids, migraine cocktails, acute care for asthma attacks and other services will be affordable and transparent.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made for work/school notes without visits when appropriate. Many illnesses only require a day or two of rest, fluids, and an OTC medication for minor symptoms, not a doctor or ER visit.
- Patients are limited by the number of providers so that same day/next day appointments are always available although no Saturday or Sunday appointments for now
- Since we will know our patients well, many issues can be addressed with phone calls, secure messaging, or even telemedicine when appropriate.
- If you have or suspect an infectious illness, or don’t want to be exposed to others, we will come to your car for exams and testing.
- We will be there for our patients. The office will not be closed due to pandemics, although we will modify our practice for the safety of patient and staff.
- We offer labs at a very low cost. A full range of routine adult yearly lab tests can cost $900+ elsewhere. The same labs can cost as little as $40 with Direct Patient Care.
- WE DO NOT PRESCRIBE ROUTINE NARCOTIC/OPIOID or BENZODIAZEPINE MEDICATIONS EXCEPT FOR ACUTE INURIES/EMERGENCIES, AND ONLY SHORT TERM.
IF THAT IS WHAT YOU NEED, THIS PRACTICE IS NOT FOR YOU.
However, if you have a chronic pain condition requiring treatment, you can be referred to the proper specialist
- Services provided include most services and procedures in any primary care office and most services provided in an ER/Urgent Care not requiring a specialist to be called
Small or Large Business Owners
We have a plan for you and your employees.
This is an opportunity to provide significant health care or enable your employees to afford their own at a very affordable price. It should enhance and not replace traditional insurance if you now offer it. Give us a call and we will be glad to discuss discounted prices for your employees that will also be age based. The employee will be able to add family to include spouse and children 14 and over for discounted prices as well.
Studies show that 85-90% of health care is able to be provided by primary care practices. Of course, anyone can have something catastrophic happen, but this is a great opportunity to provide most of the healthcare that most people need.